cut on the bias

keeping an eye on the spins and weirdness of media, crime and everyday life

Thursday, October 09, 2008

A scary fish tale

Catfish scare me.

I like to eat them. I like to catch them. But they scare me.

I think it's the big mouths. When you catch a bass or a bluegill, their mouths don't seem large enough to nip more than your finger. A catfish looks like he could chomp your arm and like it. Also, catfish tend to be one of the larger fishes commonly caught by amateurs like me, so an arm-chomping big fish is, well, scary.

Imagine my horror at discovering the goonch, which not only looks like a catfish on steriods, but has actually eaten people. They think. No, really.

I think I'll stick with the pay lake version. It's scary enough.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home